17 September 2010

6 x 6 Scripture Book- Close to My Heart




A notice on the Close To My Heart Bulletin Board got me thinking about joining the 6 by 6 Scripture Swap, and I was curious about how exactly one went about making a 6 by 6 Scripture page. After looking at a few other blogs I decided to try my hand at one of the books myself to give as a gift. I look forward to seeing how my sweet Mom-in-law likes this book, but I will probably leave out that part about not being able to afford to buy her any gift after two CTMH orders so far this month... Still, I think this is prettier than anything I could have picked up, and I learned that embossing is fun (!) and that 6 by 6 Scripture Swaps might be nice to join! I only used about 1/2 of a Level 2 Paper Pack, I chose Grace, and I used some of the matching Stickease and the Childhood Portrait My Acrylix stamp set. All together I figure it took about 3 or 4 hours to make. Not too bad for a gift! I also used some of the pearls from one of our Connections Club sets from last year. I used Cocoa ink to distress all the edges, found a color similar to Barn Red on my printer and OH, I added some of the honey cardstock, which didn't come in the Level 2 kit, I don't think, but I pulled it from my stash. I used probably 3/4's of a sheet in all. I totally adore this stampset, and I think it embossed really nicely, though I need to put in some practice to get it just right, these are my first embossed images, and I used Versamark ink pad with the Cocoa embossing powder. The ribbons are just some from my stash...not sure of the brand, but I think I got them at a local SB store. It was a fun project, and if I could get a few folks together I would love to offer it as a workshop! We shall see! I think it would make a nice Christmas gift. I chose Scriptures that all had to do with Thankfulness, but you could search under any topic and find similar verses to meet your needs. Thanks for looking! I am making a change to my blog, and putting up more of my crafty-type stuff, so stay tuned!




2 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

wow,that is really gorgeous. I bought a whole bunch of stamping and scrapbook stuff a few years ago and I just couldn't make it work. I do not have the skills at putting that stuff together like you do! Beautiful stuff!

Justine said...

That is just sooo cute! That is nicer than any of the inspirational things I've seen in the stores.

Which IKEA are you near? Maybe we could have some Loganberry Soda! :) Maybe even a cholesterol free strumpet!

I think the Top Gear lads and Stig should have an indoor race with Mini-Coopers through an IKEA. Heaven knows they'd never find their way out!