22 September 2010

My dreams... almost real...


I am pretty sure I have posted before about this incredible artist. In fact, if I haven't, then I will need to be severely reprimanded. So much of the way I view life and what is beautiful has been influenced by the art of Carl Larsson. His gentle way of looking at everything, the colors he used and the beauty of faces and places he captured forever, have always seemed to me to be close to perfect. I want to just disappear into those pictures...those scenes of his everyday life that are filled with so much happiness and freedom! The rooms are simple but lovingly decorated with small touches of color and flowers and little trinkets that show you that this was a family that cared for each other and their home. They sought out beautiful places to play and carry out their necessary activities. If I could step into any pieces of art, they would be these...I love looking at them and finding ways to bring that beauty into my life, and the lives of my family. I never am quite satisfied, but that is ok, because that failure keeps me always trying...






images from the Carl Larsson website (signature) and a general image search pulled up the print entitled, Crayfishing by Carl Larsson, watercolor, 1897

1 comment:

Run Lori Run said...

I don't think I've seen his work before, very lovely!