24 December 2009

My first SWAP! I'm so excited!

I have gone and joined a Valentine's swap. I actually have been wanting to do this for quite some time, but wasn't sure I was actually up to it. I have looked at the stuff these folks do, and I feel a little intimidated sometime, but a Vintage Valentine doll swap popped up on my radar, and I have a LOVELY pattern for an angel with a heart full of vintage-y valentines, as well as a bag full of Valentine's from the 40's and 50's, so I am READY to PLAY! Because there is a blogroll of participants, I decided to post one of my dolls so folks could see what kind of dolls I make.
This is Stella. She is painted muslin with needle-felted hair and painted features. She is all decked out and was on display over the Fourth of July holiday at my house. I love her and my angel pattern is similar, so I am confident it will be swapworthy! I love all kinds of crafts and dolls actually, especially working with felt, but she is one of my faves. Wish me swappish kind of luck! I am so excited!

1 comment:

Justine said...

She is so cute and sophisticated looking in her scarf! Very swapworthy work indeed!