20 August 2009

Everybody needs a theme song...

As I was winding down my workout last night, I walked out of the gym with my mp3 still in my ears. For a moment, I didn't notice; then, all of a sudden, with no background noise filtering through, I had an out-of-body experience.
I had my own personal theme song.
It was AWESOME!
I was tooling through the ladies locker room with "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake illuminating my actions. Holy Cow, was that cool, or WHAT!? I felt so Hollywood-y. It was like I was walking through a TV show starring me. I travel that same path most every weeknight getting to my locker, never realizing that a simple Theme Song would make me feel so special! I was a STAR! For a moment in time, it was all about ME. I even took a few online quizzes today to discover what my actual (scientifically calculated, of course) theme song might possibly be. I came up with "Stand" by Rascal Flatts (quizilla.com) and "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf (blogthings.com) Now, I am pretty sure I know which answer bought me the Steppenwolf label, but I need to go listen to the Rascal Flatts song to figure that one out. Not normally a Country and Western kinda gal, though I am often impressed by Brad Paisley. But Steppenwolf just got downloaded to my mp3.
I wonder what my theme song will be tonight???
2003 Triumph Speed Triple

3 comments:

Humming Sue said...

I have these moments all the time! And as it so happens, I was bored a couple of nights ago and went on Blogthings and found out my theme song was "Back in Black" by AC/DC, which doesn't feel like me at all, but I won't question it.

I have to older cousins who are like my brothers and they are really good at the guitar and whenever we good up to our cottage they will follow me around for the day and play the guitar like they were my theme song, changing with my moods and what I do. It's great! =]
I really like your blog!!

Lauren

onemockingbirdhill said...

Cool! You have your own traveling minstrels! They used to pay big bucks for that service! Funny that you were just on Blogthings. I had a good time with that one. Wonder what you did to deserve AC/
DC!? Thanks for your kind comment! I like yours too! Too....many.....exclamation...points...!

Justine said...

You can always lift the melodious sounds of Mr. May singing, "Little Honda" from the Top Gear in Viet Nam show. :)